Chiang Kai Shek memorial hall and a visit to Eslite bookshop before leaving for the airport :(
Reflections
Charmaine- As we bade goodbye to our tour guide Uncle Jeff and bus driver 林叔叔, it officially marks our last day in Taiwan :( We spent the morning at Chiang Kai Shek memorial hall. The interior of the memorial hall was similar to what we saw at Sun Yat Sen's memorial hall. For one thing though, it was bigger and nicer! (To me haha) The entrance didn't look very appealing at first as it was old but I liked the "garden" right outside the hall.
Chiang Kai Shek memorial hall
So basically, we toured the whole museum until we came to the last stop, the postcard area. There was a postcard/art exhibition held in a room. There was a lot information about different art pieces, where it is then printed onto the postcards. The postcards are mostly many children with their mother but the settings are different. Each of us got to take a postcard but if we wanted to get another three different ones, we would have to earn it by filling up a form. I think that it is a good idea as we can earn those postcards only after we took a look at the exhibition and answer some questions instead of just getting it without doing anything.
The post card I got for free
Then we went to Eslite bookstore. Eslite bookstore was located on the highest floor of a four stories building. It seemed like any other bookstores we can find in Singapore, for example, Knokuniya. However, there were many different sections and each section consisted of books in a variety of languages; Chinese, English, Japanese etc etc. I came across this book -- Romeo and Juliet. The book was in two languages. I think that it is very interesting as we don't usually see such books in our bookstores. After reading the English version, we can go on to read the Chinese version and vice versa. The storyline would be the same but we can improve our English or Chinese while reading something we are interested in. The bookstore not only sold storybooks. It sold art books, scrapbooks, journals that were written by people. I flipped through one of the books which had a meaningful quote in every page and the background of each quote was a picture drawn by the author. I really liked it but I didn't buy it since it was quite expensive. In the end, I bought the Phantom of the Opera book to read during my free time :)
Then came the time where we had to leave :( The tour guide sang a farewell song for us. It was really touching. I guess many wanted to cry but they held it back in. At the airport, we grasp the opportunity to take as many photos as we can with our classmates, teachers and tour guide before our departure. I couldn't bare to leave Taiwan :( The time we had together was little but so precious. This once in a blue moon trip was indeed an unforgettable yet enriching one. I'm sure that even if we leave this place, the memories shall live forever :') I guess that's it. Goodbye Taiwan:(
View from the plane :D
Looking at the bright side, we are able to see our family in Singapore again! YAY! I'm sure we all miss our family and we'd so happy reuniting with them again :)
Min Hui- Time really flies when we are enjoying ourselves. Today was the last day i will be in Taiwan, last day of spending my time with my classmates and three teachers, last day of having Uncle Jeff as my tour guide, last day of having 林叔叔 as our diver...
In the morning, we went to Chiang Kai Shiek Memorial Hall. The way into Memorial Hall was led by stairs after stairs and followed by more stairs. It was tiring but fun as some of us raced each other haha!^^ The interior of the Memorial Hall seem so much like the Sun Yat Sun Memorial Hall we have been to yesterday. We were given free time to look around the exhibition hall after a short introduction made by Uncle Jeff. The exhibitions were clearly displayed with explanations at the side of every object. In the art section, there are postcards with beautiful designs which are the artwork of artists. Each of us took 3 postcards after answering 3 simple questions on Chiang Kai Shiek. This was a good way of obtaining the postcards as people could earn what they want through knowledge and thinking skills they have learn and posses from this Memorial Hall exhibitions. It serves as a revision as well.
Next, we went to Eslite Bookstore, which most of us have been yearning for the past few days. Before we got down the bus, Uncle Jeff told us that it would be more worth it buying Chinese books than English books here in the book store. Indeed, the prices of the Chinese books are sold at prices difficult and rare to be found in Singapore. I settled on two Chinese books which I think they were interesting. The cost of both books e nd up to be less than SGD$25! I feel that the Chinese books are really worth it as the books I chose are really thick and in Singapore, one would cost up to SGD $20 already. So I was really satisfied:)
Other than the books section, there were shops selling all kinds of things. A yellow neon bike caught my eye and I really wanted to have it but how could I possibly afford it and carry it back to Singapore? Oh well, I proceed on to roam the outside of the Eslite bookstore and bought "berry and lemon" ice cream. It was such a huge portion I had to share it with Danqi. But it tasted nice! When it comes to Taiwan, ice cream should not be forgotten! Hehe><
Finally, we had to part with Uncle Jeff, 林叔叔 and Taiwan... Till the very last moment we saw Uncle Jeff, he reminded us of the things we should take note like safety. We were really fortunate to have Uncle Jeff as our tour guide. We passed Uncle Jeff and 林叔叔 notebooks than have all our well wishes and grateful words(which Tiffany and I had been working on it for the past two days). Thank you Uncle Jeff and 林叔叔... 没有你们,我们不可能有那么美好的一个旅程,我希望下次有机会再见:) I have never come across such nice and hardworking tour guide and 驾驶司机 in my life and the both of them are really worth commending on.
It was really hard for us to bid farewell... Tears welled up in our eyes as we said "Goodbye". This marks the end of our journey.



No comments:
Post a Comment