Thursday, 9 January 2014

Week 0 CID (Introduction-Preparing to see the world)



Person A
During my holidays, I went to S.E.A aquarium. There were a lot of marine animals there. The animal which i liked the most was the dolphin. I learnt a lot about the the dolphin-- the dolphin uses echolocation to travel in the sea and it is a sea mammal. I also learnt about the poisonous jellyfish; they were transparent, so when a light was shone on them, they would take the color of the  light. I bought a dolphin stuffed toy and kept it as a souvenir. This trip was very memorable to me and i would like to go there again.

Person B

My holiday was rather fruitful as I engaged in many activities apart from finishing schoolwork and attending cca sessions, such as meeting up with my friends, going for class gathering and family outings. In December, my family and I went to Hong kong for 7 days. We went to two theme parks and a few other tourist attractions there. What I liked about the trip was the Disneyland theme park as it was gigantic and I loved the Christmas atmosphere created there. Although it might seem quite childish for me to go there since I'm already 13, I still enjoyed myself as there were also rides catered for adults. Secondly, I loved the food there too. Hong Kong is well known for their wanton noodles, polo bun, egg tarts and 'frozen' milk tea. I tried them all! Last but not least, I enjoyed our trip to  the wax museum as well on the 5th day of our trip which was located on the peak. Therefore, we had to take the peak tram in order to reach the peak to visit the museum. In the museum, we saw many wax figures of well known celebrities and even cartoon characters! I learnt about the process of making these wax figures and realised that it is really not easy to make one figure since there are many steps we have to take in order to craft a wax figure which is similar to the actual thing, taking into consideration the features of the object/character. If I had the chance to, I would definitely try creating my own wax figure as it is a cool experience after all. After taking pictures, we rode the tram down, which was quite enjoyable too as it felt like a roller coaster, something I have not seen in Singapore. In conclusion, I felt that I have spent and have really enjoyed all the fun activities I did during the holidays! :)

Person C

The most memorable part of my holidays was definitely the Christmas outreach I did with my church. We basically packed 100 very heavy bags of food and went knocking on doors to distribute them to the needy people of Bukit Merah. That day i finally noticed how fortunate I am. I also learn more about their lives and realised that they were all very lonely despite the fact that each household has at least 2 people living (HDB ruling). The one that struck me hard was a unit on the fifth floor where a son who was half paralysed was taking care of his mother who has dementia. Since none of them work, I was glad that they managed to persevere. I hoped the food packed helped them. I did encounter many problems like I couldn't get the message across  because I do not speak dialect. This has certainly been a learning experience for me.

Person D

The End of Year Holidays were total amazing and awesome. I get to experience things that I have never done before and things that I really would like to do and I got to do it.
The first week of the holidays, I went to Taiwan with my family members. It was not the first time that I have been there, but it was my first time on a holiday there in Taiwan. The last time I went to Taiwan was because I was participating in an international robotics competition.
Taiwan was a place where beautiful sceneries can be found, a walk up the hills was relaxing just by listening to the sounds of nature. Taiwan was also a shop and eat paradise. I get to eat things I have never eaten before and walk long distances like I have never done before.
After coming back to Singapore I was really pleased and honored to be informed that i was chosen to take part in Year 1 Orientation 2014 as a facilitator. I would like to sincerely thank the teachers and Student council who have given me this golden opportunity. That was what I have dreamt of ever since I have stepped into Rv.
During the facilitator trainings I have in the holidays, I had a wonderful time and I am glad to have met a bunch of friends that stayed with me through thick and thin during the trainings. I will never forget the memories we have forged together even if the trainings were conducted only a period of a few days. During these few days many things have happened. Be it happy or sad.


Person E

My holiday I spent most of my days in my home . Everyday I have a routine it's wake up , brush teeth , eat breakfast , play computer watch television and so on it might seen boring at home but actually I travel around the world through the internet and the televison. So that's my holiday hope you enjoyed yours.

No comments: